Sunday, September 21, 2014

Visit #10 - September 19th, 2014

Close to the Edge...or End...

We're almost there.  We're now less than two weeks away until the closing of Hot Doug's.  

After deciding on Wednesday to go again, I was checking emails and saw this pop up on my Facebook feed -

"While we totally understand there are only a few days left to enjoy a Hot Doug's sausage and be "entertained" by the Scotch-fueled cashier, we have an obligation to respect the neighbors and neighborhood. Therefore, Hot Doug's may have to stop customers from entering the line before 4:00pm. We're going to play this one by ear. We thank you for your understanding."

Damn, now it's getting serious.  And sure enough, by the time we got there just after 9, the line was already past the alley.  DAMN.

I also noticed that there were some camera folks walking around and sure enough, we saw pieces of paper that said, "NOTICE:  HOT DOUG'S THE MOVIE IS BEING FILMED" or something.  So there's apparently a movie tape in the works about Hot Doug's.

Surprisingly, none of these corndogs became "pocket corndogs."

This week had that new Butcher & Larder sausage that people were going crazy about.  For some reason, I didn't get it.  Maybe because of something?  Who knows.  All I know is that Friday's meal was delicious, and it was the second-to-last time that I'll eat there.

Due to awesome things beyond my control next week, I doubt I'll be able to make it then.  I will be there the last day though.  With bells on.  And with donuts or something.  Seriously, come find me and I'll have the donuts for you.  You see the guy with the donuts? That's me.  Got it?

Here's the tally:
Me - Andouille, uber garlic, corndog, fries.
Beth - Thai chicken, thuringer.
C/Dr. J - Corndogs, Butcher & Larder guy, Chicago dog, buffalo chicken, others?  Probably.


No comments:

Post a Comment