Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Visit #7 - July 19th, 2014

The Sounds...of Sausage...

As I had mentioned in a previous post, when I was looking for apartments to live in when I moved here, one serious consideration was the walking distance from Hot Doug's.  What I neglected to mention was that I moved back to Chicago for graduate school and over the course of the year, I kept meaning to get all of us first-year grads together for some encased meat funtimes.  Unfortunately, due to other commitments (like graduate school), it was difficult to get the four of us together at the same time.  However, with one of them moving back to fuggin' Brookylns at the end of July, we had to act quickly!

So us sound grads trekked out to Doug's on a warm, Saturday morning.  Coming from various corners of the city (Edgewater, Pilsen, Logan and Ukranian Village-ish), we were all there bright and early.  I got only minimal reading of Pink Noises done as Ned showed up pretty soon after, but it was actually a topic of a brief conversation during the lunch.  Other conversation topics included graduate school (stock), John Cage (even more stock?) and JESUS CHRIST THIS FOOD IS SO DAMN GOOD (stock when you eat at Hot Doug's.) 

Look at that! Pink Noises makes its pictorial debut on here!


If I remember correctly, Mike said he'd been there a long time ago, like, 6 years ago (like me, he's from around here.)   Austen and Ned had never been, but I feel like everyone was satisfied.  I think Austen had some comment that was like, "Yeah, you really can't get that anywhere else."  I think he said that.  I don't remember.


Here's the tally:
Thuringer, uber-garlic pork sausage, corn dog, fries.  Mike had a hot dog, corn dog and fries.  I can't remember what Austen and Ned had, but they enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment