Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Visit #6 - July 7th, 2014

Shellac and summer sausage, what two things go better together than that?

When Beth announced that she'd be visiting in July, I knew we'd have to hit up Hot Doug's at some point because, well, that's what you do.  Coincidentally, Shellac had announced a show on July 6th in Chicago after their July 7th show sold out, so bam! It was settled! Beth would come here and her main motives for the trip were to go to Hot Doug's and see Shellac.  Fine by me!

After a few days of other Chicago culinary delights (Johnnie's italian beef, lots of hamburgers, bbq, etc.) and a fantastic Shellac show, Beth and I met with friends Bob (who got there a little earlier than we did) and Andrew (who got there at the last possible second) to partake in the meats.

What do I remember about that day over three weeks ago?  It was warm.  It was a Monday, so the line wasn't bad.  The sausages were great.  The company was great.  I learned that Doug will swap out a veggie dog for any sausage but still put all the toppings on it (pro tip from Bob), so that's cool!

I didn't take a picture, unfortunately, nor do I remember what any of us had.  I was pretty hungry that day and we didn't walk there because I had access to a car.  This post is merely here to remember the good times we had in our lives and to not point out my shortcomings as I attempt to remember what I ate three weeks ago without a pictorial aid.

Here's the tally:
I bet there was a thuringer in there?  Maybe some corn dog action.  There were absolutely a ton of fries.  Maybe a chicken sausage?  


No comments:

Post a Comment